Adobe Acrobat is the best choice for PDFs. Adobe Acrobat has been around for many years. It is the software that created the PDF format. Other software solutions have followed its lead. There is at least one Adobe Acrobat alternative, and you may be surprised to find how efficient these applications can be for small businesses or homes.
We present seven Adobe Acrobat alternatives that you can use to create, view, edit, protect, and view your PDF files. This includes both commercial (paid) and open-source (free) software.
1. Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro is a PDF editor and creator tool. It has many functions. This program, formerly known as NitroPDF Professional, allows you to modify page layout, graphics, and text. Nitro Pro is suitable for personal and professional use. It can also be used with any browser on your computer. Nitro Pro is only compatible with Windows. This series does not include Nitro Pro 7, 9, 10, or Nitro Pro 11, which supports Macs or mobile apps.
- Helps to convert PDF to Excel or PowerPoint faster
- Securely and quickly share documents via the cloud
- Share files faster with colleagues by accessing and sharing them quicker
- It’s a great alternative to printed documents
- Multitasking allows you to easily modify PDF files
- Allows you to easily verify digital signatures
2. Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PhantomPDF is a PDF editor, creator, and reader. It has all the necessary tools but no bloat. Foxit PhantomPDF, like all Foxit PDF apps, is beautiful to use. It is lightweight and easy to install. After it is up and running, you will find a tutorial, a welcome wizard, and lots of online help. Foxit PhantomPDF is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- Fillable forms and documents are easy to create and modify
- It can add headers and footers to your PDF documents, as well as export them.
- It’s easy to work with the team
- It allows you to better protect your content
- It provides ECMs and cloud storage to share documents
3. PDF Reader Pro
PDF Reader Pro is a PDF utility that can handle all your document needs. PDF Reader Pro offers solid features like Annotation and Edit, Form filling, OCR (convert, create, sign, bookmark, and protect your PDF files), as well as strong features such a Convert, Create. Sign, Bookmark, and Protect. PDF Reader Pro Edition includes the ability to merge multiple files, combine them into separate files, insert pages from other PDFs, and convert PDF to Word or any other Microsoft Office(r). PDF Reader Pro is the last PDF program you will ever need.
- Quick and easy to use, so you can quickly complete your task
- Easy PDF markup and Comment
- PDF Transformer converts PDFs to any file
- Edit pages, split and merge pages, rotate pages, add images and links, and much more
- Sign and fill PDF forms from any location, on any device.
- Precise OCR converts text from scanned PDF files to editable characters
- Use PDF documents seamlessly across all devices
You can also take a free 7-day trial without having to use your debit or credit card information. You won’t be charged. Download now or Get PDF Reader Pro today!
4. Iskysoft PDF Editor 6 Professional
Iskysoft PDF Editor 6 Professional allows you to edit and convert PDF files. This software allows you to sign and share PDF files with colleagues in your office. The editor is the easiest way to work with PDF documents.
- Edit PDFs as a Word document
- Annotate PDFs with notes and annotations
- Advanced OCR is used to edit scans
- In just a few clicks, create, fill and sign forms
- Extract data from forms, and scan PDFs
- Protect documents with passwords and redaction tools
Free Adobe Acrobat Alternatives
Is Adobe Acrobat available as a free alternative? This is the most common question that users ask about Adobe Acrobat’s high price. We offer three Adobe Acrobat alternatives that you can try for free.
5. PDF24 Creator
PDF24 Creator is a Windows-based PDF creation, merging, and conversion tool that’s free and packed with features. The editor is the best feature of all free PDF printers. It allows you to quickly assemble, create, and modify PDF files using Drag & Drop.
Xodo is the best cross-platform PDF viewer/annotator. Xodo is fast and easy to use on all devices, including tablets and smartphones. It can view, edit, sign, sync, share, manage and even sign complex PDF documents.
7. Sumatra PDF
Sumatra PDF is a PDF, eBook (ePub. Mobi), XPS (DjVu), CHM, Comic Book, (CBZ, and CBR), reader for Windows. Sumatra PDF is small and portable, easy to use, and quick to start up. The user interface is simple and important.
Adobe Acrobat remains the dominant player in the PDF editor market. Acrobat alternatives like those we have presented here will provide high-quality, reliable results.